Plans have come together for the “2nd Annual” Ontario Network Workshop on November 19 – this time thanks to our colleagues in Peterborough taking on the organizing and hosting work.
Please respond to Susan Hubay as early as possible since we know from experience that many aspects of the planning depend on how many people are coming and where from.
a brief outline of the program
9:30 to 10:00 am Registration (The suggested contribution is $20, or pay what you can. Please bring some cash for this)
10:00 am to Noon – Network Sharing and Ontario Pilot Update
– Sharing Successes and Challenges – please have one spokesperson from your network be prepared to share two initiatives that your network has implemented successfully AND your network’s biggest challenge. (If you are not involved with a group, we still want to hear your successes of course)
– A little BIG Update – Current status of the pilot
– Ensuring a successful pilot in Ontario – what BIG advocates can do
Noon to 1:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm – Facilitated Group Discussions focussing on:
– Effective Messaging and Public Engagement – during the Pilot consultation, implementation and beyond
– Encouraging Federal Government Involvement
3:30 pm to 4:00 pm Summary and Next Steps
Location: Trinity United Church 360 Reid Street, Peterborough, Ontario.
If you have any questions please email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Hubay and Jason Hartwick, Co-Chairs, Basic Income Peterborough Network